Monday, October 11, 2021

Things as They Are - October, 2021 with Greg Reid

Youthfire! Newsletter: 

Things as They Are - October, 2021

Dear Friends,

God bless you all, and thank you for your continuing prayers and support! September raced by, and the days have been full and productive.

This last month, I was blessed to attend the installation of both Mike Schuetzler and Kerry Boone as the new pastors at my former fellowship, Crosspoint Church. I was honored to have been their youth pastor for a time, and I am so proud to see how they have walked with Jesus and followed their call into ministry. I also was blessed to attend Pastor Dan Sattlemeier’s retirement weekend events. It was a wonderful time to reconnect with him and his family, and so many others I had not seen in a while. May God bless the new pastors and keep them steady and strong!

Last night I was privileged to be part of our Christian TV station’s telethon and share on an hour program with NRB president Troy Miller and host Pastor Joe Williams, as well as be able to donate 50 copies of Treasure from the Master’s Heart for giveaways to donors. The work KSCE TV has done for so many years is so vital in a media world growing increasingly dark. I am thankful we were able to have a small part in their efforts.

One of their new media outreaches is called EndTimes-TV. com. All of the half hour shows we did with Ray Cradock are on their site. If you have Amazon Fire TV or Roku, just look for EndTimes-TV and look for “The Bottom Line” program. These are some of the most vital and powerful programs I have ever participated in, covering everything from Jeffrey Epstein and human trafficking to Christian occultism and discernment in the church. I highly recommend these shows if you can get them.

We are now up to 34 podcasts [on my own podcast Extreme Times: Truth In The Shadow Lands]. Many of them are excerpts from my books. One thing I don’t want to do is just to make up things to talk about or speak to the issues of the day just because it would get an audience. What is important to me is to make sure that I am talking about the specific things that God leads me to speak about. It’s not a good business model: “relevant content” or “content” that grabs the audience’s attention long enough to hook them in and build an audience is “how it’s done” but my concern is that I do my best to give God’s people what is needed most in this difficult hour.

As we were discussing some of these challenges after the telethon last night, it occurred to me why narrating chapters from my books on podcasts was important: Book reading is one of the skills, one of the loves, and one of the habits that is almost lost to this generation. This is both a dangerous trend and a sad one. 

Nevertheless, those of us who do write have to deal with that reality and work around it. I realized that Kindle books were one alternative for those who didn’t want to buy or read a physical book, but audiobooks are really the current way this generation digests “books.” It is also why podcasts are so successful right now in general because this generation is almost completely wired for tech and media.

I realized I can mourn the loss of book reading – and I really do, as there are few things more precious to me than opening the physical pages of a book to read – but mourning won’t reach people. Podcasts and other media tools can. I can pretty much guarantee that youth under 25 will rarely purchase one of the books I have to read. 

But they will listen. I am praying that after some of these other current projects get completed, I can set about actually doing complete audiobooks of the books I have. 

[Note from James: here are some books Greg has written to date]. 

All of that, of course, requires focus and time, which is why your prayers for these things are so vital.

Now an update on this seemingly never-ending project called Diary of a Devil Hunter. I harbored a hope to have it completed and ready to go by October 31st, you know, kind of as a little slap in the face of the enemy of my soul. But I have had to let that self-imposed deadline go as I dug in and realized how much work was still to be done to make sure all the right things were in the book, and that what was in it was as accurate as I can possibly make it. Combing through six gigabytes of documents is not an easy task, but very necessary to this venture.

You see, when this book is done, there are already in place many “nouveau” satanic groups such as the satanic temple that are aggressively evangelical as well as eager to jump on anyone or anything that challenges their dug-in, solidified and almost completely accepted “narrative” that all the things we went through and dealt with in the 1980s was all “satanic panic” and nonexistent “village folklore.” 

Their rewriting of truth was so complete that even to this day, any indication that there is any current satanic occult criminal activity is pounced upon immediately by any number of satanic/church of satan/Luciferian blah blah blah groups that salivate for an opportunity to scream us into retreat and silence. Some of these groups are attached to high-powered atheist lawyer groups. You can see why I want to make sure the book is thorough and accurate. So although I have to extend the release date to “whenever it’s ready,” 

I will count on your prayers for its completion. As the years pass and some of my former fellow warriors in the field pass, and others begin to lose their recall of specifics, I feel a great weight of responsibility to get it right – and I am thankful that being a scribe by nature and a paper and digital packrat by necessity, I have kept notes and articles on nearly everything.

This war is not over. Kids are getting involved in occult things like never before. And adult occult groups fear little from most churches anymore since we have been so weakened by our own acceptance of occultic and new age things like the Enneagram, The Shack
Circle Making(these are articles); Jesus Calling, Christian Yoga, (these are videos) etc., etc. We cannot fight Satan with his toys in our back pocket.

More, on an organized level, trust me – the globalists who are firmly (and prophetically) in place and moving the world swiftly toward a Luciferian antichrist world system have a vested interest in silencing the church, ministries, and believers who continue to proclaim the gospel and speak truth to the lies fearlessly. 

I was reminded (and I can’t go into much detail) that the adult aspects of these groups are still alive and well and keeping an eye on things when I learned that an influential Christian media leader came home to find a sacrificed animal on their back porch. Sorry, folks, to be so graphic, but this is the war we will be re-engaging here - not that we ever stepped out of the fight. 

Your prayers for protection and continuing strength and clarity are more appreciated than you can ever know.

And all is not dark; it never is. My life is filled with joy, and a wonderful group of young adults every Monday night that share the Word and worship and coffee and snacks with me, and a wonderful team of young people who help me in the work God has given me, and friends along the way that are gifts from God. We can never let the darkness or the devil win, in anything, because we walk in the truth that the overwhelming victory is ours in Jesus, no matter what happens!

I had a great time at the 50th anniversary of the Jesus Movement here in El Paso. We were blessed to have, among others, Chuck Girard from Love Song with us. Chuck is a great guy and has had a profound influence for Jesus on many of us. God bless you, Chuck!

No comments: